Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy New Year and all that jazz....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Okay I know it's a little late. Sorry I haven't posted in a long while but lots of things were going on for me during the holidays.

For one, I was heads down for the last month upgrading our framework to take advantage of .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Things like generics, custom events, ADO.NET enhancements, new WinForms data binding stuff to mention a few. I've also been playing around with the Visual Studio Team System Tester load test tools. Love it.

Also, I was busy in December prepping for my first Christmas dinner. Thank god for my sister. She's a Martha Stewart Wonder Woman. I couldn't have done it without her. She's a scientist (a real one, not computers) and she had the entire Christmas prep and dinner planned out in an Excel spreadsheet. The roast leaving the oven was T-minus zero and everything before the roast was negative minutes and everything after the roast was positive numbers. Of course, at time of execution we ended up drinking too much champagne and the whole planning spreadsheet went out the window and the "Force" took over. We did great though; even Nona said it was a wonderful dinner. I love cooking but I need to watch more Emeril.

Finally, Alan and I threw a NYE party and it was off the hook (do people say that anymore?). Anyways, it was a lot of fun. All the neighbors came and we all got drunk on ice wine martinis my sister was shaking. Some got a little too drunk. Luckily I'm a beer drinker and maintained my cool (and my dinner unlike some people who used my bathroom). Only two broken glasses and no one in the hospital so it was a success.

Resolutions this year? Blog more, read more, get an Xbox 360 and set up media center, get new furnaces, and find a landscaper before the weeds outside grow to "Land of the Lost" size this spring.

No comments: